Frequently asked questions
- The prospective consumer can get free of cost an application form from the Sub-Division situated in his area.
- The application form duly filled in has to be submitted in the Sub-Division, where the concerned clerk will issue receipt as an acknowledgement having received the application form.
- The new connection application will be processed in the Sub-Division and the connection would be installed in One Month. In case any connection is not feasible due to any technical or any other reason, the prospective consumer would be informed accordingly with reasons for rejection of application.fermentum egestas, gravida amet sagittis. Hendrerit suspendisse, aliquam ut, quis purus.
In case any bill contains any error the consumer should report to the concerned Sub-Division/Revenue Office.
07-days period is allowed for depositing the electricity bills.
AJKED has made arrangement with all scheduled Banks of Pakistan, Ubl Omni, EasyPaisa(Telenor Bank), HBL Konnect on line, and the post offices, who have specified their branches in all over AJK to facilitate the consumers for making payment of their bills. The consumer can deposit his bill in any authorized Bank branch/Post Office within District/ City.
For whatever reason a connection has been disconnected it can be reconnected by applying for the same on the prescribed form available with the concerned Revenue Office free of cost, and after complying with the specified instructions, the connection is resorted.
The change in name of the connection can be arranged by applying for the same to the concerned Sub-Division, on the prescribed application form to be submitted duly filled in along with the required document to substantiate justification for change of name. After the applicant has fulfilled all the pre-requisites for change of name, the connection is changed into the desired new name.
The consumer will have to apply to the SDO/other competent authority who will arrange the verification of the load and test report and will arrange the reduction/extension of the load.
The consumer who does not want to continue his electricity connection will apply for permanent disconnection to the SDO. The connection would be permanently disconnected by the SDO after obtaining clearance from Revenue Office.
AJK Electricity Department Schedule of Electricity Tariff is displayed By Clicking the Below Link.
A ‘Detection Bill’ is served for:
1. illegal abstraction of electricity or consumption of energy;
2. direct hooking and
3. on account of slowness etc.
Detection bill for dishonest abstraction of electricity is assessed strictly in accordance with the provisions of section 26-A of the Electricity Act, 1910.
If arrears have been included erroneously, you can get it corrected, on showing your previous bill’s bank receipt, from concerned Revenue office/Revenue branches.